By Nicole Laurier on Jan 19, 2015 11:35:00 AM
It’s the time of year when you’re likely spending time analyzing how your business coped with the holiday season, identifying sales trends, inventory levels, order to fulfillment times, and more.
During that analysis, have you thought about whether enhancing your business systems to streamline day-to-day processes can impact customer satisfaction and ROI?
Many companies that sell products online have trouble keeping up with incoming orders during busy periods (holidays). That’s because employees have to manually print orders from the eCommerce application, re-type all that data into the ERP system, and then place the order with a selected courier service.
It’s not just order processing that’s riddled with manual labor and duplicate data entry - product information also needs to be updated in multiple software applications, inventory levels need to be checked and manually reconciled, and reports need to be generated (which usually involves patching data together from multiple databases and spreadsheets – oh boy!).
This can result in:
- Misplaced orders
- Data entry errors
- Significant delays in order fulfillment
- Excessive returns and unhappy customers
But there’s a better way.
Automate Through eCommerce Integration
Today, many companies running an online shopping cart are turning toward integration and automated data transfer between ERP systems, CRM solutions, their eCommerce application, and shipping service(s).
Integrating your eCommerce store with ERP and other business software ensures that sales orders move seamlessly from your website to your warehouse in minutes - without any manual intervention, tedious reconciliation, or repetitive data entry.
Case Study: Learn how VZ Grips is saving 45 minutes a day in manual data reconciliation thanks to integration between Magento and SAP Business One.
Simply put, the proper eCommerce integration will result in:
- Significant reduction in sales order to dispatch times
- Removal of repetitive bi-directional data entry and any associated human errors
- Reduced operational costs and reduction of seasonal employees
- Improved customer communications
- Streamlined business processes
Weak Integration = Process Bottlenecks Down the Line
Not all eCommerce integration is created equal.
Every business is unique and as a consequence, the order management process extends much further than the initial ERP integration and synchronization of sales orders.
Weak eCommerce integration merely pushes repetitive, employee administration further down the line (Inventory? Purchasing? Shipping?).
Having the ability to automate any manual process – from initial order to final shipment - proves to be the most effective solution.
By incorporating automated workflow and advanced alerting functionality into your integration solution, you create a fully automated process from eCommerce to ERP and CRM – no bottlenecks and no weak links.
Workflow Automation and Business Alerts
Here are some of the most common order management processes that can be automated:
- Synchronize sales orders including telephone and offline methods between systems
- Automatically transfer online payment details, including transaction ID’s, to your ERP system
- Automatically update eCommerce application when a ‘complete’ or ‘shipped’ status is created within an ERP system
- Automatically create and distributePOrequisitions when inventory levels are depleted below agreed levels
- Automated Purchase Order workflow authorizations (Single or multi-level)
- Real-time inventory level and reorder point notifications via email or SMS
- Personalized automatic creation and distribution of marketing communications based on order history
- Automated customer registration
"Anytime we identify an inefficient, labor intensive or cumbersome process – we know it can be automated.” - Image Skincare
The Integration Solution
Online shopping cart integration with your ERP system and other business applications provides the opportunity to turn your online store into an efficient and cost-effective asset.
The hard part for many companies is finding the right solution.
That’s where TaskCentre comes in. This code-free drag and drop integration tool enables you to automate virtually any manual process, driving error and inefficiency out of your business.
- No hard coding
- No programming
- Fully customizable to suit your exact requirements
So, what would you like to automate?
Click below to get in touch and we’ll introduce you to one of the most powerful eCommerce integration tools on the market.
|Guest Post by Simon Wybrow, Social Media Manager at Orbis Software Ltd.|