By Nicole Laurier on Apr 27, 2015 10:33:00 AM
eCommerce has revolutionized the way companies and consumers do business. With just a few clicks, customers from around the world can engage with your company and make a purchase. However without an integrated eCommerce and ERP solution, those online orders can actually put a strain on your business. The time and effort of manually transferring orders from your online store into your back-end accounting system can become costly and unmanageable.
Here are 6 of the most common benefits of connecting your eCommerce storefront with your ERP software through integration.
1. Eliminate Duplicate Data Entry - Through eCommerce integration, orders placed on your website are automatically transferred to your ERP system in real-time and without manual and error-prone duplicate data entry. It’s fast, consistent, and error-free.
2. Cost Savings of Automation - Integrating your eCommerce store with ERP ensures that sales orders move seamlessly from your website to your warehouse in minutes. Eliminating the time and administrative burden of manual data transfer goes straight to your bottom line in reduced labor and operational costs.
3. Fewer Errors - When employees are manually re-keying web orders into the ERP system, it's really easy to lose focus and transpose numbers, enter the wrong quantity, enter the wrong shipping address, or even lose track of a stack of orders completely. By integrating ERP and eCommerce you’ll eliminate manual data entry and reduce the number of data entry errors. Regardless of whether you process 1 or 1,000 orders, it's the same fast, efficient, consistent, and error-free process every single time.
4. Synchronize Customer Records and Inventory– When an order is placed online, inventory in the back office accounting or inventory system is automatically updated and decremented. The same holds for customer records. For example if a customer shipping address is changed, that updated record/data is automatically shared and synchronized both online and in your ERP system. Bi-directional integration keeps the data in both systems synchronized and up to date.
5. Shorten Order Cycle Time and Shipping – With integrated eCommerce and ERP, new online orders flow seamlessly and in real-time to your ERP system where they can be picked, packed, and shipped quickly. There’s no need to wait until new orders are exported or printed, then manually re-entered in the accounting or ERP system – which, for some companies, can delay shipping time by several days. With integration, order cycle times are fast and efficient.
6. Better Customer Service – When you have up-to-the-minute product information, inventory availability in real-time, and order tracking information automatically updated in both your eCommerce and ERP systems, your sales and service staff will have the tools and information they need to provide a fantastic customer experience. And most of the time, satisfied customers keep coming back for more!
Want to Learn More About Integration?
Visit our Integration Services page to learn more about the benefits of integrated eCommerce and ERP. Or get in touch with the integration experts at Fisher Technology and learn about the tools and techniques we use in order to automate virtually any manual process in your business.